Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blogging Only Days Before ECOO...

With only a few days before ECOO I find myself laughing... at myself. I am laughing because I will be speaking for some time in my presentation about the wonderful tool of blogging and how it is promoting literacy in my classroom. Why am I laughing? Because I myself have not blogged in so long. With the craziness of September and three new class preps I have busied myself with lesson plans and marking (allowing no time for posting).

So what?

Well, I realize that whether we are students or teachers, we need to make time for ourselves. We need to use the very tools that we offer our students. I use blogs because they are a great way for students to journal and connect with others that have similar interests. Yet, I have not allowed myself the opportunity to do the same. I watch in amazement as I see the wonderful and thoughtful work that my students produce in their own blogs. I am thrilled that they are making connections to other texts, other web content, and other people. I love the community that it has created and creativity that students pour into their blogs.

So...what?

So, it's time that I, as a teacher and a life-long learner blog on a regular basis so that I, too, may benefit. Blogging can be a great outlet. So how can I promote using blogs if I, myself, am not a user?

Let the blogging continue...with less time gaps in between...

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment